| Support & returns
| About us
| What do we offer?
Support & Returns
When you shop on Komplett you are entitled to a 14 days 'Cooling Off' period. During this time you can decide to return for refund an item purchased from our store without giving any reason. Please note that certain rules apply to your right of withdrawal. For instance, from the point of delivery you are responsible for the care of the product including any packaging, accessories, manuals or other items included with the product.
There are also certain exclusions to the right of withdrawal, items which have been built to order, or are otherwise personalised are not covered under 'Cooling off'.
Furthermore, items which have been used, damaged, or are incomplete may be refused a refund entirely, or we may credit a reduced amount. In practice, this means that you inspect an item to determine its suitability but you cannot use the item. We recommend that you look at the European Consumer Center for more information about your rights when buying online.
Be aware that the right of withdrawal does not apply to business customers. Please create a personal account when you wish to order for personal use and qualify for the Right Of Withdrawal.
Return under right of withdrawal (Cooling Off)
You CAN return under cooling off if:
- If you have created a personal account.
- The item is unused
- There is no visible damage or signs of use
- The product, including all accessories, manuals and packaging are being returned in the same state as when they were dispatched.
Special cases where you do NOT have the right to cooling off:
- Products made / assembled to your own personal specifications.
- Sealed audio or video recordings, or computer software you have opened.
We will refund a reduced amount if:
- The product has been damaged, either by the user or or during its journey back to us.
- The product's packaging is damaged meaning it then cannot be resold
- Missing components (manuals, cables, adapters, etc) on return.
To return a product to Komplett under cooling off, please first contact our customer service department either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 01 4433 547.
We have a DOA (Dead on Arrival) period of 7 days. This means that if during the first seven days immediately after receipt the product you purchased becomes defective (and you have notified Komplett within those 7 days), our returns department will replace the item outright. If the product you ordered becomes defective within this period, please see the section below on arranging RMA.
After the DOA period, standard warranty terms apply.
All hardware and software in our catalog is covered by the manufacturer's warranties. This means you are entitled to the warranty that the manufacturer has determined for that product. The warranty is specific to each individual product. The warranty time is available either from the manufacturer's website or on the product page at Komplett. In the grey bar directly below the product image you will find exactly how many months warranty are offered for that product.
Please note the warranty period for batteries is one year.
If you have any questions or would like to claim warranty service, you can do this in two ways:
- You can also contact the manufacturer directly without any contact with Komplett. Not only will you save time but in certain cases the manufacturer may offer a direct replacement or offer a free pick-up service.
- By contacting our customer service department to request collection of the item.
Costs of Repairs
If covered within the warranty there are no handling charges for the repair. If the defect is not within the warranty scheme, e.g. where there is a fall/impact or water damage, improper use or that the product is outside the manufacturer's warranty, we will send you a quotation for the repair.
You can choose whether you agree with the repair (at the specified amount) or refrain from further settlement. In the latter case, your product will be sent back to you with a bill for any research and / or transport costs.
We offer a very wide range of products and it is impossible for us to always have replacement stock available. Where we are unable to repair a product, we will first offer you an identical replacement or a similar or superior product. Where a replacement product differs from the item you originally purchased, you are under no obligation to accept this substitute and you can instead request that our returns department issue a refund.
You can return a product to Komplett when there is:
- Right Of Withdrawal (Cooling Off)
- Komplett has delivered the wrong product to you.
- A product that is DOA (Dead on Arrival)
- A repair or replacement while within the applicable warranty period
If you wish to return a product to Komplett, please send an email email@example.com, containing the following details:
- Your name
- Your contact number
- The order number
- The product number of item to be returned (this can be found next the product name on your invoice)
- A description of the fault
- An address for collection
Our service staff will respond and arrange collection of your RMA. In the case of a product defect the agent will assist you in troubleshooting before a collection is arranged.
Our service staff are available from Monday to Friday between 9:30 and 17:00 pm.
NOTE: Computer components sensitive to electrostatic charges must be packed in an anti-static packaging to be eligible for warranty coverage!
- Pack the product securely using resilient materials (original shipping box preferred) and be sure to include all accessories and components.
- If the item is "Dead On Arrival", the product has to be returned as it was shipped, including all original packaging and all accessories.
- After inspection and testing or repairs we will send a replacement or your product back, at Komplett's discretion. The cost of returning the repaired product back to you will be absorbed by Komplett.
- Products returned under the right of withdrawal must be inspected on arrival at our warehouse – we cannot process your refund until this step has been completed.
- For security reasons we do not store your payment details. Our Payment Services Provider offers a limited window during which a transaction can be reversed, beyond this period your refund can only be completed by electronic funds transfer into your bank account.
- The usual processing time for standard RMAs is 2-3 weeks, often less. Repairs for items such as TVs, Home Theater equipment and Laptops may take a maximum of 6 weeks depending on the manufacturer and parts availability.
If there is a defective product that falls under the existing warranty schemes you as a consumer can choose to send your product directly, without intervention from Komplett, to the manufacturer. Our warranties are offered from the Manufacturers directly, and in certain cases they not only often offer a pick-up service but also have many specific procedures for requesting technical support and / or the return of defective products.