| Support & returns
| About us
| What do we offer?
Support & Returns
Under the Act, "Distance Buying" when purchasing online the consumer is entitled to a "Cooling Off Period" of 14 days after delivery of the product. During this period a product can be returned without giving any reason.
When claiming the right of withdrawal certain rules apply. During the period the customer is responsible for the care of the product and its packaging. The customer can only unpack the product to the degree necessary for you to assess whether you wish to keep the product. If you wish to make use of the Right Of Withdrawal then product must be returned with all accessories and in its original condition. This includes packaging.
Products that are damaged, incomplete, are used or have damaged packaging may be refused a refund.
Look at: European Consumer Center for more information about the Right of Withdrawal. Komplett gives you 14 days time to use your Right of Withdrawal. This time begins when your order is delivered/collected.
Be aware that the right of withdrawal does not apply to Komplett business customers. Please create a personal account when you wish to order for personal use and qualify for the Right Of Withdrawal.
Before your Order is Shipped
If the order has been picked or shipped, it cannot then be cancelled. However, if the order is still open, you can contact the customer service department. If a particular article should be removed from your order, please also contact email@example.com.
Once Your Order is Shipped
If your order has already shipped and cannot be cancelled, please refuse delivery at your door. UPS will then return the order to us where it will be cancelled and a refund issued.
Return under right of withdrawal (Cooling Off)
You CAN return under cooling off if:
- If you have created a personal account.
- You have not used the product.
- No visible damage to the product or any obvious signs of use are visible
- The product and all the parts belonging to it are returned in the state of which it was shipped.
Special cases where you do NOT have the right to cooling off:
- Products made / assembled to your own personal specifications.
- Sealed audio or video recordings, or computer software you have opened.
We will credit a reduced amount if:
- Products that are damaged by the user or during transport back to us.
- The retail product has damaged packing (cannot be resold).
- Missing components (manuals, cables, adapters, etc) on return.
The returned product must be in the same condition as when the parcel left our warehouse. To return a product to Komplett under cooling off, please first contact our customer service department either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 01 4433 547.
We have a DOA (Dead on Arrival) period of 7 days. This means that if during the first seven days immediately after receipt / collection the product you purchased becomes defective (and you have notified Komplett within those 7 days), our returns department will replace your product with a new single product. If the product you ordered becomes defective within this period, please see the section below on arranging RMA.
After the DOA period, standard warranty terms apply.
All hardware and software in our catalog is covered by the manufacturer's warranties. This means you are entitled to the warranty that the manufacturer has determined for that product. The warranty is specific to each individual product. The warranty time is available either from the manufacturer's website or on the product page at Komplett. In the grey bar directly below the product image you will find exactly how many months warranty are offered for that product.
Please note the warranty period for batteries is one year.
If you have any questions or would like to claim warranty service, you can do this in two ways:
- You can also contact the manufacturer directly without any contact with Komplett. Not only will you save time but in certain cases the manufacturer may offer a direct replacement or offer a free pick-up service.
- By contacting our customer service department to request collection of the item.
Costs of Repairs
If covered within the warranty there are no handling charges for the repair. If the defect is not within the warranty scheme, e.g. where there is a fall/impact or water damage, improper use or that the product is outside the manufacturer's warranty, we will send you a quotation for the repair.
You can choose whether you agree with the repair (at the specified amount) or refrain from further settlement. In the latter case, your product will be sent back to you with a bill for any research and / or transport costs.
We offer a wide range of products. It is impossible for us to always have replacement products available. In an RMA case where we are unable to repair the defect, we will offer your a replacement product. If an identical product cannot be sourced a similar or superior product will be offered. However, in many cases the manufacturer offers the possibility of a repair or replacement. This can only happen if you make the repairs directly with the manufacturer.
You can return a product to Komplett when there is:
- Right Of Withdrawal (Cooling Off)
- Komplett has delivered the wrong product to you.
- A product that is DOA (Dead on Arrival)
- A repair or replacement while within the applicable warranty period
If you wish to return a product to Komplett, please send an email email@example.com, containing the following details:
- Your name
- Your contact number
- The order number
- The product number of item to be returned (this can be found next the product name on your invoice)
- A description of the fault
- An address for collection
Our service staff will respond and arrange collection of your RMA. In the case of a product defect the agent will assist you in troubleshooting before a collection is arranged.
Our service staff are available from Monday to Friday between 9:30 and 17:00 pm.
NOTE: Computer components sensitive to electrostatic charges must be packed in an anti-static packaging to be eligible for warranty coverage!
- Pack the product securely using resilient materials (original packing preferred) and be sure to include all accessories and components.
- If the item is "Dead On Arrival", the product has to be returned as it was shipped, including all original packaging and all accessories.
- After inspection and testing or repairs we will send a replacement or your product back, at Komplett's discretion. The cost of returning the repaired product back to you will be absorbed by Komplett.
- Products returned under the right of withdrawal, must be inspected or tested on arrival at our warehouse – we cannot process your refund until step has been completed. If the conditions are met for the credit, you will be credited back. It may not be possible to refund to the card or PayPal account used when placing the order, should this be the case the credit must will be deposited into your bank account. Please make sure you add your bank account number and sort code with the return!
- The usual processing time for standard RMAs is 2-3 weeks, often less. Repairs for items such as TVs, Home Theater equipment and Laptops may take a maximum of 6 weeks depending on the manufacturer and parts availability.
If there is a defective product that falls under the existing warranty schemes you as a consumer can choose to send your product directly, without intervention from Komplett, to the manufacturer. Our warranties are offered from the Manufacturers directly, and in certain cases they not only often offer a pick-up service but also have many specific procedures for requesting technical support and / or the return of defective products.